Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Four: Compliments

hey
how are you
you have lovely eyes and gorgeous hair
hope to chat
Why, thank you! Does that mean that you'll notice if I cut my hair, because it is ever so rare that a male does notice such things.  You might have a chance... alas, according to your profile, you're only in New York for a week. Those long distance things never work out.

Compliments from people I don't know are great for a few reasons.

  • They make me feel great about myself
  • They obviously aren't judging me based on my great personality [also the best thing about online dating].
This is another favorite:
Hey,
You seem pretty cool and your looks are off the charts;) I'd love to hang out sometime. Are you free to grab drinks? I'm game to see where things go if we meet up.
It is a funny feeling to have complete and total strangers telling me that I "seem pretty cool."  For all they know, I can be a "pretty cool" serial killer [I'm not]. Or I can be a "pretty cool" ex-convict [another noun I am not].

Dear Strangers,
Thank you for your compliments, but I don't think that you're my type and if we were to date things probably wouldn't work out.  As cool as you think I am, and as pretty as you think I am, I'm not quite sure I am able to say the same about you - which is judgmental and mean, but online dating is online dating and you judge people based on how they display themselves, and people are mean.

I didn't actually respond with that.  I'm not actually a mean person, and I'd rather not respond than write something which could, possibly, ruin someone's entire day.

No comments:

Post a Comment