Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Seven: A Proposal

Over the past few days, I've received some marriage proposals...
My friends tell me I move too quickly, so I'm going out on a limb here... will you marry me? Oops, I meant to say hi :D 
I'm neither charmed nor frightened. I don't intend on messaging this person back. In fact, I'm flattered that someone would want to marry me without having ever met me, let alone without even knowing my name.  Humor, much like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. This type of humor leaves me with a blank face. What am I supposed to make of this? Do I respond LOL even though my "laughing out loud" was caused by the cheesiness of this message?
Hey sweetie I'm Leo and I want to get to know you more I'm looking for a relationship on the adult level like my future wifey and I think your beautiful and I would like to see if we have any spark
Mind you, my dating profile specifically states that I am not looking for a long-term relationship.  Thanks for thinking I'm beautiful.  However, I don't want to get to know you more, considering your message was literally a run-on sentence, and you list God as one of your inspirational people. That's all I need to know.

I have high standards, among which knowing how to use punctuation and how to write a grammatically correct paragraph are a few. Also - the usage of a smiley face in a non-ironic way is a way to have me automatically reject you. So just don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment